Disclaimer- The book is not recommended for kids under the age of 15.
Author- Rupi Kaur
Genre- Poetry/ Drama
Dispensing with longing, love, betrayal, self-love, letting go, hurting, healing, feminism and acceptance, ‘Milk and honey’ is a book that every introvert, every heart would love to read. The book is adorned by Rupi’s sketches, most of which, complement the verses which makes it look unique and aesthetic. Her words include not just eroticism but a deep sense of esotericism as well. It flows from the longing, deep pain, searing loneliness and immersing love. Other issues portrayed here are consent, menstruation, body hair, skin colour etc.
The book is divided into four parts: The hurting, The loving, The breaking, The healing.
Why would I recommend this book?
1. This book describes what actual poetry looks like
– Words and the sequence of chapters and even verse showcases how well poetry should be written.
2. Visual designs makes the poems more interesting
– The arts and the poems compliments each other very well.
3. Real meaning of feminism
– Kaur tries to keep it simple and does not acknowledge her more than anyone.
4. Embracing flaws
– You can see all the raw and candid form of poems.
5. Displays how trauma changes the person in you
– She has literally written her whole life from childhood which makes the readers realise the humanity that is still left.
Overall rating- 9.5/10
Other reviews you may like
2 thoughts on “Book Review: Milk And Honey By Rupi Kaur”
It’s the review every anti kaur on social media needs to read. The perfect and real description of the book other than just trolling. The way this review is written is beautiful❤
Valuable information. Lucky me I found your site by accident, and I am shocked why this accident did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.
Comments are closed.