Book Review: Eat That Frog By Brian Tracy

Author: Brian Tracy

Genre: Self-help


My fellow procrastinators, if you are looking for a book on how to manage time and to cut off the habit of procrastination, then you are definitely reading the right review. The approach of the book is very practical and goes in a sequence. It consists of 21 chapters in which the first few chapters describe about planning, constructing and its importance. Then in the following chapters how can you execute your plans. Furthermore, it talks about what are the things that disrupts your proper planned day. In the end, it elaborates about how can you balance out everything that has been hurdling in between.

The theme from which the title is dedicated is that if you start your day by “eating a live frog” you know that the most unpleasant part of the day is behind you. And metaphorically, the utmost same principle applies if you tackle the most difficult task of the day at first. However, it is surely not the best book you’ll ever read but it genuinely tries to add values into your life. All that has been jotted in the book is known by you some or the other way.

Simple advice is indeed the best advice.


My takeaways from the book

1. 80/20 rule

20% of the activities that you do accounts the 80% of the results.

2. ABCDE rule

The importance of prioritising tasks before starting them. Definitely works!

3. The Law of Three

Find out three important things you do in your daily routine which describes your day to day life so that you can focus on other key areas.

4. Upgrade your skills

Knowledge and learning is an endless ocean and it shall never be stopped.

Key Points of the book

1. The Three D’s

Decision, discipline and determination

2. Three questions for maximum productivity

“Which/What are my highest value activities?”

“What can I and only I do, that if done well, will make a real difference?”

“What is the most valuable use of my time, right now?”

3. Six P Formula

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

Some of the quotes to read and understand

1. “By the yard it’s hard; but inch by inch, anything’s a cinch!”

2. “You should never share your problems with others because 80% of people don’t care about them anyway, and the other 20% are kind of glad that you’ve got them in the first place.”

3. “There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing.”

4. The world is full of people who are waiting for someone to come along and motivate them to be the kind of people they wish they could be. The problem is that, “No one is coming to the rescue.”

One thought on “Book Review: Eat That Frog By Brian Tracy

Comments are closed.